SIX PAIRINGS I LIKE: </b>
THREE SHIPS I'VE ABANDONED:</b>
THREE SHIPS I'VE NEVER LIKED:</b>
TWO SHIPS THAT HAVE PIQUED MY INTEREST:</b>
13. Ty Lee/Zuko
1. Why do you dislike #11 so much?</b>
I don't like Suki's character, such as it was. She was far too underdeveloped for me to really see who she was. As a warrior, she rocks though.
2. Who do you know that ships #13?</b>
I don't know. People? But I don't know of anyone hardcore TyLuko
3. What would be your ideal scenario for couple #3?</b>
They're both trapped together, much like Bah Sing Se catacombs. Instead of 'bonding' over the loss of their mothers, they both share their woes of the past few years.
"My life is a black hole of untold boredom that your backward, Water Tribe mind couldn't hope to fathom."
"My life is one insane trip after another because the Avatar seems to attract every crazy, inconceivable, mind warping thing out there you can think of and some you can't. Oh, and firsthand experience: There are NO bathrooms in the spirit world!"
"Huh...so you've been smoking the good stuff then?"
4. What is your favorite moment for #1?</b>
From the show?
"Don't you ever break up with me again."
Zuko gives her a 'Yes, dear' smile.
5. How long have you been following couple #6?</b>
Eh, a few months at this point. I'm not fully into it, but I like it. They're good friends, and there is hinting in the X Men Evo verse of maybe something more. I'm thinking of a certain Christmas scene with Kurt chasing Kitty with mistletoe.
Unlike Zutara, this is a crackship that has a lot more bearing of happening and being hinted at.
6. What's the story with #8? What made you stop caring?</b>
At the first episode with them, they were cute. Even after he went all psychotic overkill, I kept thinking he might come back or something. But I don't really know what happened. I just lost interest.
7. Which ship do you prefer - #2 or #4?</b>
4. Ursa and Ozai are two nearly polar opposites as far as I can tell. They have different morales and agendas to work through while being married to each other. And the thing with arranged marriage, it'd be interesting to explore if there was ever any love in it.
At the moment, four.
8. You have the power to make one ship non-existent. Choose from #10 or #12.</b>
Oh, 12. No contest. Some of 10 are occasionally good, but most Zutara is too warped.
Like for this one, Zuko's marrying Katara and Mai comes to see him and she's written as some political whore. And at the end, she cries. Mai doesn't cry. She make you cry for you mommy and bleed rivers of blood before she cries.
And another one, at the announcement that Zuko is marrying Mai, the FIRE NATION people are upset that he's not marrying Katara. That is so delusional and mucked up! HOW could it occur to anyone that the Fire Nation would be okay and all for their new Fire Lord marrying a Water Tribe chick after a century war based on their supremacy?
When I first got to this fandom, I was confused by all the Zutara. Like, where did this come from? And I read a few. But they were all so redundant and repetitive and blah! Anyone can write Zutara and for the most part, it's crud. There a few, but I'm not into that pairing unless it's really good, and they don't make Mai a weeper.
They're just written as OOC and cliched and it's ridiculous.
9. What interests you about #14?</b>
They both have sharp, pointy weapons? Nah, I like Mai. She didn't get a lot of screentime, but to me, her character is...straight-forwardly complex. She shows only one part of herself because the rest of it's been stifled under years of repressoin. I don't hold to the fact that Zuko is her one and only, but Piando could be interesting to her. He seems for the most part the stander Fire Nation gentleman, but he's apart of the White Lotus. And a non-bender who kicks butt with another non-bender who kicks butt would have way awesome kids. But Piando could challenge her, because the man has secrets, canon-wise and fanon-wise, and a smart mouth.
But I'm thinking about doing a chapter fic for these two. I'd have to pick up my style a bit to do it justice.
10. When did you stop liking #7?</b>
It's not that I don't like Kataang...I just don't really read or write at all for it.
11. Did your waning interest in #9 kill your interest in the series?</b>
Um, that was never canon. They don't even meet. But I don't think that anything could kill my interest in this series. Ever. I want it to come back, and not just the Korra. I miss Zuko angsting.
12. What's a song that reminds you of #5?</b>
'It Had to Be You' is the first thing that comes to mind. But near to everything reminds me of Romy.
13. Which of these ships do you love the most right now?</b>
Oh, Romy. Remy and Rogue. Roguey and Remy. Gambit and AnnaMarie. The Ragin' Cajun and his cherie.
I could go on but I'll spare you.
14. Which do you dislike the most?</b>
Zutara. It's just so boring!
'Steamy hot romance' blah, 'Opposites attract' blah, 'They're so cute together' blah.
First of all, bull crap. They just use that as a pun.
In ions, opposites do attract. In people, common interests are better suited to a stable relationship. Besides being benders and losing their mothers, (oh, wait, his isn't dead! Another opposite!) what do they have in common? A real, functioning relationship can't be based on how people are different. And you know what happens when water and fire mix? The flames dies, the water's turned to steam and is blown away by the wind.
And as far as being cute together, REALLY? That's an actual argument point? Okay, for the most part, no one in the show is ugly. Even Bumi is 'majestic' in his own right. Any of them can be 'cute together.' Zuko and Yue are cute together. Mai and Hakoda are cute together. Katara and Ozai are cute together, in a very creepy way. But hey with that one, opposites attract!
15. If you could have any of these pairings double date, who would they be?</b>
Ursa and Ozai and Mai and Zuko. Because awkward is funny.
16. Have #2 kissed yet?</b>
Oh, no. I don't even think they have in fanon.
17. Did #4 have a happy ending? Do you think one is likely?</b>
Let's see, Stripped of his title, power, and in prison. No one really knows where she is. No and unless Korra has flashbacks, we'll never know.
18. What would make you start shipping #14?</b>
I ship it now. I place full blame on Loopy777
19. If only one could happen, which would you prefer - #2 or #6?</b>
2. If Mai and Piando were canon, they're would probably be a lot more fics, and Zutarians wouldn't feel the need to warp her.
20. You have the power to decide the fate of #10. What happens to them?</b>
Allow only authors who are aware of the complexities of the two personalities and their situation, keeping in mind their history instead of throwing all of that away for the sake of hooking the two of them up. Makie it friggin' realistic.
21. For pairings 1-6, what do you least like about each of these ships. What fandom trope or canon fact makes you seriously consider getting in a liferaft?</b>
1. Mai/Zuko There's not enough development in show.
2. Mai/Piando None.
3. Mai/Sokka None.
4. Ozai/Ursa There's not enough appearances in the show.
5. Rogue/Remy In canon, pairing them with anyone but each other.
6. Kitty/Kurt None
22. For pairings 10-12 gve me a fic summary of a way it would be done that would work or be acceptable (AU's are fine). As an additional rule, it has to have a happy ending, dark fics showing a crappy pairing don't count.</b>
Sokka and Azula: During her rehabiliation, Azula was given a time of parole. Of course, Zuko is not so stupid as to give her free run. Sokka is her parole officer. Before her release, Aang weakens her firebending using his energybending so that it will be harder for her to kill Sokka. As she is in his custody, she must remain in close enough proximity to be monitored. But Sokka's not one to stay in one place and is constantly on the move, visiting friends and getting in trouble. By the end of it, they'll probably wind up driving each other insane. Or not.
Suki and Sokka: Suki is the instructor for his sister's self-defense class. As typical Sokka behavior dictates, he makes an idiot out of himself, is publicly humiliated, jeered and mocked, and still ends up getting the girl.
Zuko and Katara: ...When Chief Hakoda goes to the Fire Nation for the world summit, he brings his two young children. On first sight of Prince Zuko, she thinks he's cute.
"Why do you have weird hair loopies? Is that normal?"
If he'd talked less back then, she would have liked him better. As is, she's near to furious when her father announces that she's going to marry him.
"Why don't you sell Sokka to Azula?"
"Because Sokka is scared of Azula."
"No, I'm - okay, yeah, a little. She's almost as scary as her mom!"